Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lt. Col. Levonda Selph

Back on Sept. 1, 2007, Blog Simple commented on reports of corruption in Iraq amongst US military officers.

Last night I noticed a hit on that post from a Google search for "levonda" "colonel selph" photo, though alas we have no photo of Lt. Col. Selph (retired).

Today, lo and behold, we learn that Selph was secretly indicted back in October, she is 'cooperating' with the investigation and there already is a plea deal. The CNN article linked to in this paragraph succeeds in avoiding pointing out that Selph worked directly under the new American hero, Gen. David Petraeus. This NYT article does mention she worked with Petraeus, but assures us that:
There is no indication that investigators have uncovered any wrongdoing by him.
Did Petraeus know about the corruption? Did he read the suicide note of Col. Westhusing? Certainly if it went on under his nose and he was unable to see it, it doesn't speak well of his command capabilities.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stan68ar said...

Interesting conjecture from a person that has no clue about the working environmet, relationship to Gen Petraeus of LTC Slph or Ted Westhusing.

I knew all of them personnally when I worked in MNSTC-I and have posted my version of event as I believe them to have occurred from a much closer perspective.

You can view them at http:\\retiredreservist.blogspot.com

6/11/2008 1:15 PM  
Blogger Dick Durata said...

The only clues I've had are those reported in the press, and believe me, Stan, I take them very lightly, but they're all I've got.
I read with interest your impressions of Petraeus and of Westhusing.
Were you ever contacted by a reporter about him? If so, could you respond? Also, a lot of what was going on involved contractors, of which you make no mention. I'd appreciate hearing your impressions about them.
I also did a search for Selph on your blog, no results.
Anyway, thanks for the comment. They are always welcome.

6/11/2008 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home