Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Election predictions

I have a solid record as a prognosticator, my predictions pan out about once or twice in ten. Sports, elections, weather, it's all grist for my inaccurate mill.
Over the years, my lack of respectable results has led me to try to predict things that I don't want to happen, but the universe seems to detect my ruse which it then thwarts.
Still undaunted, I offer my 10 fearless predictions of world and national events up to the elections:
  1. Democrats do better, but fail to win back either the House or the Senate.
  2. The national media continues to operate as an arm of the RNC.
  3. Schwartznegger is re-elected in California. Yuk.
  4. There will not be an attack on Iran before the election.
  5. Gasoline prices will continue to fall modestly.
  6. Bush's approval rating rises modestly. (see 2 and 5 above)
  7. Rumsfeld will not resign.
  8. Iraq and Afghanistan will continue to deteriorate, but the media won't notice.
  9. Torture bill passes, Democrats are mostly on board.
  10. No major hurricanes hit the US.
2, 3, and 8 I regard as almost sure things, 2 probably shouldn't be allowed, so sue me. Check back in November to see how I do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad Call Dick. Dems take back control of the house in triumph over cynical pundits. Not like yourself, of course.

10/24/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger Dick Durata said...

anomy, the relationship of cynicism to reality is still in dispute around here. And I'd be happy to be surprised by a Dem triumph, I just cannot fit it into my world view at present.
We'll see in a couple of weeks, maybe.

10/26/2006 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home