Monday, December 11, 2006

Dillon Beach Blogging

Supper time?


Actually, Cassie and I didn't go to Dillon yesterday. I had some work related stuff in the afternoon, so we drove out to the Bodega headlands (the photo shows the headlands from Dillon, taken a couple of weeks ago) and checked out the big waves and took a short walk.

Hence we missed all the excitement at Dillon Beach, a shark attack that fortunately went well for the surfer involved.

I love to body surf and boogie board, but I've always waited for trips to S. California or Hawaii to indulge. Here it's too cold for my delicate constitution, plus though I know that the drive out to the beach is more dangerous than shark attacks, the fact that there are great white sharks out there looking for vittles bugs me. Though they prefer seals and sea lions to surfers, maybe I'm plump enough that they might make an exception if I gave them a chance.