Monday, April 23, 2007

Google Reader

My posting rhythm, shaky at best, has taken a hit from the new Google Reader.
I'd tried using in the past the FireFox RSS feed mechanism, but without a way to know if there is new stuff in a feed, at least as far as I can tell, it struck me as fairly useless.

The Google Reader has an interface that lets me know what sites have new posts at a glance, and a fairly efficient way to mark items for further reading. The design is good, though I'd like to be able to change the white background.

Setting up all my links has taken a while, and there are still those sites that don't offer RSS (Digby, pour quoi?) so there is still going back to the old ways for some. Still, so far so good, congratulations to Google for devising a helpful, time saving tool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home