Monday, May 28, 2012

Well, that's a relief

(Beyond even Blog Simple's return.)
President Drone has announced:
"As commander in chief, I can tell you that sending our troops into harm's way is the most wrenching decision that I have to make," Obama said shortly after laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

"I can promise you I will never do so unless it is absolutely necessary and that when we do, we must give our troops a clear mission and the full support of a grateful nation."
I guess it was absolutely necessary to 'surge' troops into Afghanistan and there was a clear mission. Why that was true must have been too secret for the grateful nation. We can expect that about the next war as well, but the requirement of full support without any political process or debate is unstated but unquestioned.

Oh yes, and bombing people is not 'war' any longer.

What an asshole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home