Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Headline headaches and heartburn...

Bush Confesses Dissatisfaction With the Situation in Iraq - Google/NY Sun
Bush's 'Benchmarks' for Iraq Sound Familiar - WAPO
Conceding Missteps, Bush Urges Patience on Iraq - NYT
Bush cites Iraq problems - MSNBC
Bush on Iraq: If We Can’t Win, I’ll Pull Us Out - National Review Online
Unhappy Bush defends Iraq plan - Google/Whittier Daily News

Here, the only thing that is 'news' is the NRO story. There are bombshells such as:
Beyond that, the president seemed to be considering a plan to refine the country’s governmental structure in a way that would accommodate the Shiite, Sunni, and Kurd populations without dividing the country.
That gives us insight into THE DECIDER's mind, strateregy and the horrible alternatives that only a Preznit must face; but even if it just won't work and the Iraqis have let us down and HE loses faith and has to bite the bitter bullet, he'll be man enough to face it:
"If we can’t win, I’ll pull us out," the president said. "If I didn’t think it was noble and just and we can win, we’re gone. I can’t - I’m not going to keep those kids in there and have to deal with their loved ones. I can’t cover it up when I meet with a family who’s lost a child. I cry, I weep, I hug. And I’ve got to be able to look them in the eye and say, we’re going to win. I have to be able to do that. And I’m not a good faker."
Glory!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT BLOGS, DICK....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..BEST OF LUCK. THE SAINT

10/26/2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home